There are some things must u do before stop smoking
- If u tried to quit before, think about why it didn't work. What can you do this time to help yourself succeed?
- Tell your family and friends that you are quitting. Ask them to not tease you about it, because you are serious. Ask them to support you by not smoking around you and not offering you cigarettes.
- Throw out all your cigarettes, lighters, and ashtrays. If you're going to be a non-smoker, you won't need these things again.
- Talk to your doctor about nicotine replacement methods. Nicotine gum, patches, spray, and some new medications can really help people to stop smoking. However, for these products to work, it is important to use them the right way. Make sure someone explains to you how to use them correctly.
- Join a support group at your school or in your community.
- Find someone you can call for those times when you feel like you are having a weak moment and might smoke a cigarette. This person should know that you are trying to quit and can remind you of all the reasons why you decided to give up cigarettes.